Monday, March 15, 2010

Not the greatest bloggers!

Well I guess the Edwards clan is not so great at the blogging! Between school, work, and church there just isn't much time for anything else except SLEEP! :) But somehow we manage to get it all done and enjoy our Kentucky life.

Recently Kaury has decided to go to Eldoret, Kenya for the month of July. He was invited by a fellow peer here at ATS and accepted the invitation to preach and work at an orphanage in our friend's home country. He is very excited for such an awesome opportunity. He loves to travel and to do ministry, so this is just his "cup of tea." Hopefully, I will be able to join him for part of the trip, but we are still working the kinks out. We shall find out soon! It just all depends on finances and work schedule. So pray for us as we plan this excursion.

More exciting news.....well exciting to just me. I got to see Donald Miller speak at Southland Christian Church yesterday night! It was pretty neat to see the man in person and hear him speak, but I must say I was not completely blown away. To be quiet honest I hate to read something then meet the author. It is like seeing the movie after reading the book. It just isn't as good. Not that Miller wasn't great, I just like him on paper better. The Miller in person just wasn't the Miller in my head. :)

Even more exciting news (especially for all you Texans!)....Kaury and I are going to be visiting Lubbock and Tulia from March 26 to April 2. We know it is impossible to see everyone, but we will try our hardest. I is going to be great to eat some real Tex-Mex and Authentic Mexican food! We miss it sooo much! So if you want to see us, take us out for a good spicy dinner and you have got yourself a date. :)

All in all life in Kentucky is great. We are just busy with school and work, but we are loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment